1) Contact and biographical information about the applicant
2) A curriculum vitae of no more than 10 pages
3) A statement of significance explaining the significance of your project to knowledge in the humanities, broadly considered (100-word maximum).
4) A brief description (no more than 1,000 words) of a research project. State clearly the objectives, significance, methodology, and originality of the project in a manner clear to nonspecialists (the selection committee is composed of a range of scholars from humanities fields and may not include specialists in your field).
5) Three reference letters. Current Stanford faculty are not eligible to submit letters of support for internal faculty applicants. Reference letters should be written in English. If this is impossible, we reserve the right to request a translation. Referees are encouraged to submit letters through our online application system. Referees who wish to submit their letter of reference via email should send them to email@example.com
. Reference letters must be received at the Center by the application deadline. Consideration of letters received after that date cannot be guaranteed.
6) Internal Eligibility Form: Please download the form below, complete section II, and forward it to Sue Martin in the H&S Dean's Office (Bldg 1, MC 2070) for the required verification. The completed form should be received at the Humanities Center no later than January 8, 2014. Please begin this process well in advance of the application deadline.Internal Eligibility Form (PDF).