The program Monologues and Metamorphoses will include contemporary pieces for "small forces" featuring Bethanne Walker, flute; Vanessa Langer, soprano; Joanne De Mars, cello; and McKenzie Camp, percussion – all members of Wild Rumpus, a San Francisco-based new music ensemble.
- Bernhard Lang: Monadologie XVI for solo flute
- Robert Honstein: We Chose to go to the Moon, for cello and soprano
- Dan VanHassel: Fzzl for snare drum and live electronics
- Ursula Kwong-Brown: Sonnet XX for solo cello
- Toru Takemitsu: Voice for solo flute
- John Tavener: Akhmatova for cello and soprano
The performance will be below the Forbes Family Cafe. Please bring your lunch and sit on the stairs.